Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

The Perfect Will

When I was young, my mom would always remind me to seek for God's perfect will in my life. This applies to all the decisions I make like course to take in college, solutions to problems, but most especially in finding my future mate.

At the age of 10, I started to pray for my future husband. All along I thought I was doing the right thing. I'm asking God for His perfect will but I gave some specifications - an engineer with a not-so-common sports, very technical guy with an artistic side, Christian  plus of course the traits of a lover. That's my dream guy. I continued praying that God will give me that person in the future.

My past relationships somehow satisfied the criteria except for one - they are non-Christians. I still pursued for it believing that it was the will for me, but deep within me, I know they're not the one. The relationships were all failures. With the heartbreaks I had experienced, I decided not to have a boyfriend for a year and re-structure my prayer. This time, I didn't provide any criteria to God. I purely trusted Him and waited patiently for His perfect will.

While waiting, I devout my time serving Him. I played the piano at church and was actively involved in our church's youth organization. I also have bonding time with my parents, sisters and friends which I have previously ignored the past years since I am pretty much occupied with my relationships. Everything went smoothly.

And then I met him, in the most unexpected way I could ever imagined. I never thought we would end up together, but we did. We are totally opposite poles but by God's grace we understand each other and we're able to have a harmonious relationship. I ask God, "Lord is he the one?" And then I checked my heart and all I can feel is love and peace within. Now I know, yes he is.

He may not be the guy I've dreamed of. He's not an engineer, he's not technical but he is a Christian. My relationship with him may not be perfect as this guy is not perfect as well. But I know he is the answer to my decade-long prayer. He is the one reserved by God for me, my perfect match, His perfect will.

Happy 3rd year anniversary Honey. I love you.
I'm looking forward to spend our years together as husband and wife.

taken from Partypics Photobooth, our Photobooth Supplier

1 comment:

  1. awww..love it sis! :) Happy anniversary to you! :)
    Happy preps!!! :) lapit naaaaaaa!!! :)

    ReplyDelete