Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Suppliers' Update #1

We officially started our wedding preparations July 19, 2009. Stan being a practical groom, doesn't want to spend much for our wedding since it will only be a day of celebration. With a lot of advise from my office friends (Hi Ate Glyna, Lou and Alma), I am finally convinced not to spend that much and we stick to our budget.
Convinced Fei = Super Happy Stan hahaha

So here are the chosen suppliers who matches our criteria: (1) suits our alloted budget, (2) high quality output of products/services we'll be getting from them, (3) good customer service including the turnaround time in replying to queries and (4) the "this is it" feeling.

1. Reception Venue - somewhere in UP Diliman :-)
      Since 2003 (yes!that was 6years ago), my mom always tell me that if I'm not that particular with reception venue for my wedding, ----------  will do. Probably because two of my close relatives (a cousin and an aunt) had their wedding ceremony and reception there. It's actually a hall but still looks good in the pictures after adding some decorations to it. We finally decided to book it mainly because: (1) it suits our alloted budget (actually, we're able to save a lot), (2) the hall is big enough to accommodate all my guests, (3) accessible to our guests even to those who doesn't have cars on the wedding day and (4) UP has a lot of places for photo-ops.

2. Caterer - Hizon's Catering
      This is Stan's non-negotiable supplier. We've been checking out their rates since mid-2008, but we're not that serious yet with the wedding plans. We really love their dessert bar and cheesy lasagna. I must admit they are beyond our alloted budget since I only assume a slight increase in their Q4-2008 rates. But Stan doesn't really want any other caterer aside from them. So, there you go - Hizon's will be the one to take care of our sumptuous meal on the wedding day.

3. Main Photographer - Raymond Fortun Photography
      Yes, it's Atty. Raymond Fortun. Stan and I so love his shots that we decided to have him as the main man to capture all the "moments" of our wedding. I can't wait for his concept on our shoes and ring shot.

4. Photo and Video - BA Studio
       BA Studio will be the back-up photographers of Atty. Fortun on our wedding day, and will be our official videographer. We are not that particular with the video so we didn't opt to get a separate supplier for it. So far, Stan and I were satisfied with the samples that we saw and we trust them that they'll deliver on our big day.

5. Light and Sounds - Rejectkrew
       The famous Elmer of Rejectkrew in W@W is the one in-charge for the mood lightings and sound system for our reception. I haven't met him personally but according to Stan, he was super magalang. I guess he is, because every time he sends me SMS, there's always "po" and "opo".

6. Wedding Rings - Goldenhills Jewelry
         Our initial plan was to have our rings customized by my mom's suking alahera in our province. But after checking the ring displays in a bridal fair, Stan and I decided to change plans even though the rings are a bit out of our budget. We discussed with the AE the payment schemes and date of pick-up, gave the down payment and we already have wedding rings!

There are still lot of suppliers for booking but I am hoping and praying to finish everything by Q1 of 2010.  With a limited budget to work on, I really need time to scout for affordable yet of high quality suppliers. I know I can find them, God will provide. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment