Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Suppliers' Feedback: Bridal Gown

Gown Designer: Emil Ocampo (E. Ocampo Fashion House)

Package Inclusions: Bridal Gown, Prep Dress, Hair Accessory, Ring Pillow, Coin Pillow, Arrhae, Cord, 2 Candles, Veil, 2nd Veil, Pouch, Fur Bolero, Fitting Form and Assistance on the Day

Pre-Wedding:
I know the bride should look her best on her wedding day so finding the right designer is very crucial. I happen to meet Emil in one of the bridal fairs in Megamall early this year. He was a very nice person - soft spoken and easy to talk to. Stan and I visited him in his office to discuss more about my gown. I showed him my gown inspirations and he quickly drew a sketch for me, including the 2nd look. Though I really love the initial design he made for me, my gown design was a work-in-progress. Every visit in his shop, we'll have some revisions on the design so the gown can be more "ME". He was kind enough to listen to my suggestions and was willing to execute the the things that I want (eventhough some of those things would be his first). He also changed my veil and petticoat 1 week before the wedding because I changed my mind. :D

He also helped me find a supplier for Live Butterflies. I informed him 2 days before the wedding and he was able to find one for me. 

The Output and On the Day Performance:
I love my gown. I was worried that I will not look good in it because I didn't go on a diet (sarap kumain eh!), but most of my guests said that it was so "ME". I even heard one of my officemate during my bridal walk saying "I like your gown!". My MOH who will be be getting married 2012 was convinced and will have Emil do her gown as well. And yeah, I also love my 2nd look - that furry bolero and bustled train. 
Matte Gold Mikado Silk Gown with Beaded French Lace Bodice

Back of the Dress

Accented with a Belt and Swarovski Brooch

Emil Ocampo is one great alternative for those who want a beautiful gown without hurting your pockets.


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    nice gown. do you still have his contact details?

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete